Cable car guidelines for winter 2020/21
In the ski area Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
A slighty different winter
is our top priority
The safety and health of our guests, staff and residents comes first in the region Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. For this reason, all stipulations imposed by the federal government are strictly adhered to. For the coming winter season, no guidelines have yet been announced by the government. The specially set up task force of the region Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, however, has already decided on a clear regulation in the ski area. In practice, this means for all guests:
- Wearing a filtering facepiece is mandatory in all closed spaces of the cable cars. This includes cable car cash desks and shops, the ski depots as well as all cable car restaurants. Sufficient disinfection facilities are available in the entrance areas.
- Self-service restaurants: The filtering facepiece must be worn on your way to and from the table, as well as in the free-flow area and the WC-facilities.
Table-service restaurants: The filtering facepiece must be worn on your way to and from the table, as well as in the WC-facilities.
- At the tables themselves, no filtering facepiece is required. In all restaurants, the legally required spacing between tables is observed or corresponding dividers (e.g. glass panels) will be installed.
- As in all public transport, a filtering facepiece is also required in the gondola and chairlifts as well as in the Serfaus underground. This allows the gondolas or chairlifts to be occupied accordingly (e.g. 8 persons in the 8-seat gondola, 6 persons on the 6-seat chair lifts).
- As a result of the lessons learned from the summer season, wearing a filtering facepiece is also mandatory in all queueing areas. The queueing areas are arranged in such a manner that adequate distancing is possible.
- All staff of the cable cars who come into contact with guests (lift area and catering) are instructed to also wear a filtering facepiece. Apart from the restaurant areas, countless disinfectant dispensers are available all throughout the area. Information signs with the safety measures are put up at all entrances and exits at the lifts and restaurants. Relevant announcements in German and English also point out the safety measures to guests at regular intervals.
- All our gondolas as well as the Serfaus underground are disinfected with a cold fogging machine on a daily basis.
- Selected events will be held under the strictest safety measures, more information about this will be announced in due time.
The Ski-Opening will not take place in its usual form this year. Unfortunately, all music events must be cancelled.
You can find current information at: https://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/Live/Current-Information-Winter
The following facilities will not be opened this coming winter season due to the increased risk of infection.
– PlayIN Serfaus
– Murmli daycare centre
The following attractions – away from the piste – can be used:
– Serfauser Sauser zip line
– Fisser Flieger
In the umbrella bars of the cable cars, “après-ski- ambience” will be completely abstained from. The umbrella bars are run coffeehouse style, with service. Of course, spacing between tables will also be carefully observed here. Only subdued background music will be played. The opening hours will also be geared to those of the lifts.
All our measures are for the well-being of our guests, our staff and our residents.
Ski depot and sports outfitters
The ski depot in Fiss that fulfils even the highest expectations
During your winter holiday in Fiss, forget about lugging your ski equipment from the hotel to the cable car lines and back.
Instead, there is a tunnel leading from the car park to the ski depots (Schönjoch I, Schönjoch II, Edlweeiß and Frommes) and to the valley station of the Schönjochbahn gondola lift. The buildings come with escalators and lifts for ultimate comfort. In total, there are 4,700 spaces available in Fiss for skis and snowboards as well as boots, helmets, gloves and poles.